Saturday, August 4, 2018

A Birthday, Wedding, Christmas and a baby

Edythe Grace Sisson (1897-1978) and George Rayson Brown (1898-1974) were my husband's great Aunt and Uncle. Edythe, nicknamed Edy in the family, helped raise my mother-in-law (who called her "Mom" and Rayson "Daddy"). My husband called Edy "Grandma Aunt Edy". They remember her with such fondness. 

When I discovered the letters that Rayson had saved, I knew I wanted to preserve them for my husband and mother-in-law. Though the letters have ended, Edythe and Rayson had a good many years ahead of them together. They had two children, a daughter who was stillborn, and a son, Warren, who passed a few years ago. Warren didn't have children, so there are no direct descendants. 


A card from Edythe to Rayson for his birthday in August of 1923







Mr. and Mrs. Charles H. Sisson 
announce the marriage of their daughter
Edythe Grace
to 
Mr. G. Rayson Brown
on Wednesday, October the tenth
One thousand, nine hundred twenty-three
Los Angeles, California





A Christmas card from Rayson to Edythe, 1923






Son Warren's birth announcement, September of 1930


No comments:

Post a Comment