Thursday, August 2, 2018

October 25, 1922 - Addressed to Chicago, but forwarded to LA

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
5009 Whittier Bldg.
Chicago, Illinois.
Los Angeles
Calif


From 5009 Whittier Blv'd.
Los Angeles, Calif.
c/o Loftus Land Co.




Los Angeles, Cal.,

October, 25 - 1922


My Dearest Rayson:

I received another long letter from you today dear, it seems like I get one every day. They cannot come any too quickly for me though as I am always more than anxious to hear from you. They make me so happy for it seems when I am reading that you are very close to me, you write just as you speak.



Father & Billy have gone down to the new house to finish wiring. Mother, Vera, Mrs Slowinski and I  went down to inspect the place this morning and to put up the street number. It is going to be a nice little place and will do them very nicely for a while.

Vera is doing a little knitting and Mother is teasing the cat. Vera says to tell you the cats name is Chris. He is surely a pretty animal and very well behaved but for all I have changed my mind about wanting one.

Today we cleaned the whole house and scrubbed all the floors. It is so dusty out here in Belvidere Heights, we could clean every day.



We haven't had a drop of rain so far although it time for them to start. For the last three days the sun has risen bright and early without a sign of fog. It seems like we are back east again. Won't you be glad dear to try something a little different from ice and snow for a change? I am rather anxious to see what a winter here is like.

Mother and Vera went down town shopping Monday but I stayed home and did a little mending. Also we didn't any of us go to Aunt Mae's so far this week. The tire carrier broke off of the car taking the rear light with and we are afraid we would be after dark coming home and get picked up.



Dearest, this is a hello and good bye letter for I haven't a bit of news. Write soon again and tell me all about yourself. With all my love, dear heart for you and a kiss on every word, I remain as ever, Yours lovingly
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment