Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 19, 1922 News of the WBA of Maccabbee convention

"Mother wants to do certain things and I must do accordingly."

Edith Amy (Duffield) Sisson, seated, and her daughter Edythe Grace Sisson.
Unknown date or location.







Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.,
April, 19, 1922.

Dear Rayson:

Your most welcome letter came this morning and was surely glad to hear from you. I suppose you have been very busy the last few days with Easter and all. I would really have liked to been in Chicago Sunday to have seen the Masonic work. It must surely be very nice.

We didn't go any where Easter. Aunt Vic and Mother and I had dinner together and we all had a very pleasant time.

I am sorry our Sunday program is so badly mixed up but you see it is not always what I have planned, some times Mother wants to do certain things and I must do accordingly. And so it was that Sunday, the choice is not always mine. But Rayson I do want you to come the first Sunday you have open, we will discuss this when I see you.

I am driving in Sunday as I told you before, leaving here about five oclock so as to get into the city early. Mrs. Kewer Pearce is coming with me, I think, she wants to visit her sisters. They live on the south side also. 

Yesterday, Mother, Aunt Vic and I were shopping in Streator. I stayed in the evening to attend a WBA of Maccabbee convention. Streator has a very good team but our team put on the best work. We were surely proud of them.

Well Rayson I haven't a bit of news this time so will close this until Sunday. Until then I remain as ever
Lovingly,
Edythe.

P.S. - Please tell Vera not to plan too much for Sunday and we four will go riding in the park. -Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment