Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 2, 1922 "We are going to try our best about coming to Chicago on Easter Sunday"

Edythe Grace Sisson
Photo was taken at Gerding's Studio in Ottawa.
In this letter Edythe is getting ready to send a photo of herself to Rayson. I think she may have sent him this one.






Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.,
April, 2, 1922.

Dear Rayson:

I know I have kept you waiting again as usual. I am surely getting neglectful but I have been so busy these last few days. Yesterday was my last day at the office but I had to go over this morning and check George Moore in, in my place. In a way I am glad that I am through and in another way I am not. It will seem strange to be home all the time.

Last night I brought home all of my belongings including a small Burrough's adding machine which I have been trying to sell but haven't been able to find a buyer. Do you know of anyone who could use one?

We are going to try our best about coming to Chicago on Easter Sunday but it all depends on whether Vera will be there or whether she will will be torn up and moved. I suppose we would come straight in on Western Ave though. I was talking to a fellow who drives the car for the National Fire Proofing Co here, he had driven into the city last Sunday and he said that near the city he went through water up to the axles of the car. I don't suppose it is that way all the time though only after heavy rains.

Next week I will be busy sewing so as to have that all out of the way before we start. In a couple of weeks Vera will be home and probably they will both be home the Sunday you are here and we will have a big time together. I want to get all the sewing done because when Vera comes home we will keep the roads warm going somewhere all the time.

Rayson I am sorry you will not go with us in the car for you know that you are welcome but then you know best what you can do. I suppose we will be a pretty tired bunch but we can take our time and stop and rest occasionally.

I will send the photo Rayson just as soon as I can get it ready so you can expect it any day now. In the meantime I'll just wait patiently for yours. 

Well Rayson I must close now as it is getting late. Give my best regards to Vera & Billy and write soon again,

Lovingly  - Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment