Monday, April 23, 2018

March 19, 1922 Making plans for April visits

In this letter, Edythe is making plans for April visits and she agrees with Billy that Rayson should come along in the car with them to California.








Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.,
March, 19- 22.

Dear Rayson:

Your letter came yesterday morning and was surely glad to hear from you. It came to the office and as you signed your name on the envelope the boys found out who the writer was. They have been very curious for a long time to know who was writing to me.

This has been a terrible day. The sun shone only about five minutes this morning early and the rest of the day it has rained. Tonight it is colder and the wind is blowing hard. I suppose by morning we will have snow.

Yes I do owe the folks a letter. Mother wrote them Friday but I will write also as soon as I can. They want to know mostly how soon I can be ready to go west.

It seems to me that nearly every time we turn around we change our plans. Now it is this way, Mother thinks that Father should stay there until we all get there and help get us located and then come home and see about things and go with her. It is hard to know what to do without talking to everyone concerned. 

Listen Rayson, Billy is right, you can go in the car with us as well as not. Mother was intending to go with us but has given up the idea because she is not strong yet and would get all tired out. She thinks she better go on the train, and so I second Billy's motion, come on along with us. The more the merrier, you know.

We are coming to Chgo., some time in April for sure but just what Sunday I cannot say. I would like very much to make it Easter Sunday as I know that will be a wonderful sight and would surely like very much to see it. I will surely write you as soon as I know just when we can come.  Next month I will not be working and will have more time to think.

I would like to have you come down here in April, before we start packing up to move. Can you manage to get away for one Sunday? We both would like awfully well to have you. Just write me what Sunday you are coming, any time suits me.

Yes Rayson I think I have a pretty fine little mother and am surely glad that she is getting well. Although not well and strong enough yet to "crow" about. I am not at all selfish and am willing to share her with you. I certainly never thought anything of the way you mentioned her in your letters, Rayson you are not that kind of person.

Last night my aunt and I were down town shopping and saw one of your sisters clerking in Woolworth's. She is a very pretty girl. I really think that you both look alike. No, I am not looking for a quarter.

Well Rayson it is getting late and as tomorrow is a work day I will close for this time.

Lovingly,
Edythe.


No comments:

Post a Comment