Saturday, April 21, 2018

March 15, 1922 "How is everything in the city?"

Has Rayson changed his mind about going to California? 







Addressed to:
Mr. G Rayson Brown
1468 East 67th St.
Chicago,
Ill.

From:
E G Sisson.
408 Marcy St
Ottawa
Ill

Ottawa Ill
Mar. 15. 22.

Dear Rayson:

Your letter came promptly as usual and was very glad to hear from you but regret to say that mine is a little late. I have been busy sewing, I put new collar & cuffs on a jersey suit that I bought when I was in the city last. I am always buying things and then making them over to suit myself.

Well I am going to quit working here the last of March so as to get ready to go West in May. I think it will take almost a month to pack there is so much to do. We have decided to store what furniture is worth keeping and sell the rest. Then rent the house and other lot. I don't know what Vera & Billy will think to this plan but I am sure we could never sell for what the place is worth so better wait until later.

How is everything in the city? Yes I am going to drive up in April but thats the only thing that bothers me is what street to take. I'll have to figure that out and tell you later. Mother and I were planning on driving in on Sunday and coming back during the week. I do want to visit Chicago jist once more before we go west. 

I often stop and wonder just how this adventure is going to turn out. Whether we will be as satisfied there and so on. I thought you were seriously considering going west also. Why should you stop for your father if that is the way he felt about you. Trust me Rayson I will say nothing about it to anyone.

I would almost be afraid to take a trip in that plane after it has stood all winter unless he has it in first class shape. I don't care much about them anyway. I would sooner be on the ground. Every one says they are fine though.

This is a fine day more spring like than ever yet. We are expecting an auditor so I am hurrying to get this letter finished before he arrives. 

I would like to have been with you three to the concert. We never have anything worth while down here. This is a great old town and yet I hate to leave it.

Well Rayson I must close for this time. Write soon and tell us all the news. Please don't wait as long as I did.

Lovingly,
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment