Friday, April 20, 2018

March 6, 1922 "Rayson have you got the California fever too?"

In this letter, we discover that Rayson is considering a move to California as well. 







Addressed to:
G Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Ill.

From:
E.G. Sisson
Ottawa, Ill.

Ottawa, Ill.
Mar. 6. 1922.

Dear Rayson:

Your most welcome letter received and was surely glad to hear from you so soon. You also are very prompt about answering. And I was just wishing there would be a letter waiting for me but didn't epect such a nice long one.

Rayson have you got the California fever too? How does that happen? Maybe you will there ahead of us at that. I'll tell you it would be a fine to know that at the end of the journey the first person we would see would be an old friend.

Mother and I have been trying to decide whether to sell the property here or just rent it. Suppose we shouldn't care for the country then we could have a home to come to. After all it will be hard for me to leave this little old home, its the only place I have ever lived. But I wouldn't dare say as much to Mother or might decide not to go and as long as its is best for her, I say go.

We are having real spring weather here. Every noon I walk to work and watch the white sea gulls sunning themselves on the ice in the Fox river and it reminds me of the time when we three walked to work so many times together.

Yes Vera wrote finally and said they had both been very sick. Don't tell them I said so but really Rayson they do too much running around, they are always on the go somewhere. They get all worn out and tired and then they take cold. I am awfully glad that they are getting along allright again.

All week I have been sewing. I am making new summer clothes and making over the old ones. I have such a lot of sewing to do before warm weather begins.

The carpenters are putting up the new fixtures at the office and such a noise all the time. Just cannot hear yourself think. It will be a fairly respectable looking place when finished.

Rayson I wouldn't begin to tell you how to have the photo taken because I don't know one uniform from the other. I would rather you would decide that, just whichever you like best. Of course I will send one of mine in return. I like the one like Vera has the best of any of them. And so I will send one just like it.

Well Rayson I must close as it is getting late and I have to get up so early. Write again soon. Best regards to the folks and yourself.

I remain as ever,
Lovingly
Edythe. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment