Tuesday, April 24, 2018

March 26, 1922 "...you didn't say anything about that little proposition I put up to you..."

Edythe is busy making plans to pack, taking some refresher driving lessons, and seeing a show.





Addressed to:
Mr G Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Ill.

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.
Mar. 26- 22.

Dear Rayson:

Your dear letter received and was glad to hear from you, but just couldn't seem to get down to writting letters. Haven't written to Vera either but must do so soon.

Aunt went out in the country for dinner today and Mother and I have been here all alone all day. I have not been feeling well, sort of a sick headache but will be allright in the morning, I guess.

Well I only have five more days to work and then for a much needed vacation. I think about next Saturday I will get out the car and see I can climb a telophone pole or do some thing else foolish. One of the boys who used to work at the office is going to teach me, I am afraid I have forgotten all I ever knew about it. Mother and I are going to try to drive to Chicago the sixteenth and we are going to expect you here then Rayson on the twenty third so please mark your calendar accordingly.

Yesterday it rained very hard here and was still raining last night so I did not go down town to do any shopping. I did want to go to town too mostly to get Vera a little hat like mine. They are felt and just the thing for traveling, to keep off the dust.

By the way Rayson you didn't say anything about that little proposition I put up to you about going west.

Next week I will see about packing my victrola and cedar chest. In all we will have three boxes and a couple of trunks containing clothes. I am anxious to get to packing. There is so much to do.

I am patiently waiting for the photograph but surely hope it will come before next Xmas. You didn't say in which uniform you had them taken. Do you like the photo Vera has of me? They are really the best of the two kinds.

I'll bet you had a good time in Hammond. Your callender is pretty well filled.

Irene Cole and I went to the Crescent the other night to see "Over the Hill". It is an awfully sad play. We sat and cried all the way through it. I suppose you saw it there about a year ago. We always get them so long afterwards.

Well Rayson I know this is not much of a letter but please excuse me this time and I will try and do better next time. Write soon.

Lovingly,
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment