Wednesday, May 16, 2018

June 11, 1922 - Mother invites Rayson for the 4th of July




Addressed to:
Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. East 67. St.
Chicago Ill.

From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa Ill.
June 11-1922.

Dear Rayson:-

I received your kind and affectionate letter Saturday morning and I certainly am always glad to hear from you. You are the only one of my children that is nearest me now, the rest others are so far away, and Rayson if I could only write to them it would be such a relief. but I suppose we will just have to be patient and wait. I suppose the farther West they go the longer the letters will be coming.

Aunt Vick and Ryburn wh were here for a little while this morning, but the rest of the day I have been all alone, and what a long lonesome day I have spent. just one week ago today we were all togather.

Mrs Nichols and little Roger went home this after-noon. she called me up and said good bye. she said she couldn't stand to come over and not find the girl's here. and Rayson as times goes by I miss Edythe more and more. sometimes I just think I cant stand it. she told me sunday night after we went to bed how much she cared for you. and she said "Mother I know Rayson will be faithful and true to me he would't be anything else.

Rayson I scarcely n know how to express my the great respect I have for you, in regard to what you have told me of your past life. You certainly are deserving of something good in the future. and I know Edythe and I will do all we can to reward you for all that you have worked for. I surely feel proud of you to think you have lead a good clean life. most boys these day's dont care where they go, what they do - or what becomes of them. never think of the future, or what their finish is going to be.

Now Rayson would it be asking too much to have you come and spend the 4th of July with me or had you planned on something else? This is your home Rayson and any time you care to come you will be very welcome.

Well my dear Boy I think I must stop writing and go to bed, my head has been inclined to ache all day. I think it is the awfully hot weather. I will now say Goodnight
with love and Best wishes to my Boy I am
Loveingly Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment