Saturday, May 5, 2018

May 22, 1922 "I want to be with you every chance I get"





Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson. Brown.
1468 Wast 67th St.,
Chicago, 
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill
May - 22 - 1922

Dearest:
After you had gone last night I came home very lonesome and feeling blue. I do not like to say good bye even for as short a time as one week and I surely do dread to think of the long months in which I will not see you.

We three sat on the porch and talked awhile and finally went for a ride. We stopped on the west side and took Mother's cousin, Edythe Uhl with us. It was nearly eleven when we finally reached home. I was so tired that I went right to bed. Our trip to the woods nearly finished me.

Louise Bowermaster Nichols called this morning and she and Roger Jr are coming over this afternoon. Louise is so glad to be home.

Do you think you will see Billy and talk it over with him in regard to our coming Sunday? Maybe he would not favor the plan. However I do wish it could be arranged as I want to be with you every chance I get before going away. 

I suppose you are busy at work this morning. It is lovely here. I am going to make my pongee dress to wear on the long trip. I would like to get all my sewing done before next week.

Are you coming to Ottawa on Decoration Day?

Do you know Rayson I have often wondered what Vera and Billy could find to write about every night. I have a hard time writing letters as it is, there is so little happens that would be of interest to you dear. I will close for this time. Write when ever you can as I will look forward to a letter. With all my love I am as always,
Lovingly yours,
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment