Thursday, May 24, 2018

June 19, 1922 - "Till We Meet Again" on the player Piano

Addressed to:
Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468 E. 67. St.
Chicago. Ill. 

From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa Illinois.
June 19 - 1922.

My dear Son:-
Your precious letter came this after-noon and I certainly was glad to get it. and I sat right down and wrote a letter to our Father, telling him there would be two letters come for Edythe, (very important) and they would be sent in his care, and that he must give them to her as soon as she arrives. and I know every thing turn out all right.

I am going to send my letter to Edythe about Thurs-day. and I will tell her all. and Rayson if you dont mind, I will enclose your last letter to me, and then the dear girl can see for her-self just how much you love and care for her, and I am going to do all I can to make you both happy. Now my dear Boy cheer up don't feel sad. for I know my dear girl isn't going to worry any more after she receives both of the letters. And Rayson when they reach Los Angeles and you want to go to Edythe, dont stop fr on my account, go to her for I know she will be waiting for you.

I wrote and told our Father to come home to me for it seems year's and years since he has been gone.

I was all all alone yester-day. and such a day. The P Petersons next-door started their player Piano going and played Till we meet again and I was sitting in the swing reading and they started that, I got out of the swing and came in the house and had one good cry.


Image from wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_We_Meet_Again_(1918_song)


Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu,
When the clouds roll by I'll come to you,
Then the skies will seem more blue,
Down in lovers lane my dearie,
Wedding bells will ring so merrily,
Every tear will be a memory,
So wait and pray each night for me,
Till we meet again.


I had a card from Vera this morning and they were in Salt Lake City, so they will soon be at their destination.

Rayson I said in the beginning of my letter that I would send Edythe's letter Thurs-day. I think Rayson we had better send our letters Tomorrow or next day, and not wait until Thurs-day. I think I will write tom-morrow night and mail it Wednes-day.

Well my dear Son I think I will have to stop writing and go to Bed for I am pretty tired Wishing you happy dreams. I will close this letter with love and best wishes, and remain as ever
Loveingly
your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment