Thursday, May 17, 2018

June 12, 1922 Wyoming - "the most desolate country I was ever in"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois

From:
E. G. Sisson
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Cheyenne Wyo.
June 12 - 22.

Dear Rayson:

Have been trying to find a minute to write to you. We just keep moving and have so little time.

How are you by this time? We are all pretty well but not agreeing very satisfactorily. Thats Vera and I every time, but dear I'll tell you all about it when you come west, or have you changed your mind after what I told you. I told Mother about it and she was sorry I mentioned it. I have worried more or less ever since, but really thought you aught to know before you thought of coming west.

Dearest its awfully hard not hearing from you, but I just read your last letter over and try to console myself that way.

We left Nebraska about 2:30 this afternoon and find Wyoming no better. It is the most desolate country I was ever in, not a sign of a tree for miles. About seven miles out of this city it was roasting hot, tonight we are camped near a small lake and it is cold enough for winter coats. We expect to reach Salt Lake City in about three days. The mountains can be seen from here, mostly all of them snow clad.

Have you heard from Mother yet? We have written to her every day, one or the other of us. She wasn't nearly as bad the morning we left as I expected. She was real brave.

Well my own dear lover, I will close for this time and will write again soon
Lovingly
your - Edythe



No comments:

Post a Comment