Tuesday, May 22, 2018

June 16, 1922 Mother suggests writing to Edythe so a letter will be waiting for her in Los Angeles

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 E. 67. St.
Chicago Ill.

From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa Illinois.
June 16 - 1922.

My dear Son:-

Your very kind and ever welcome letter came to me this after-noon and I am always more than glad to hear from you. I also got another letter from our Father this A.M.

Rayson I know you can't help feeling sad and lonesome, but we will trust to God that everything will turn out all right.

Yes my dear Son, Edythe sent me one of her pictures. Thank you just the same for wanting to send me your's.

I think from what my dear girl writes me that Vera and Billy are not giving her a square deal. but we will talk of that when you come.

Rayson did you want to come home before the 4th? if you do don't hesitate to say, for it will be all right. you can come any time you wish. you will alway's be welcome home. But I know it will not seem the same to you since our dear Edythe is gone. Rayson you may think it strange that I do not speak of Vera as I do Edythe. Vera is a good girl but she never had the kind and thoughtful way that Edythe has for me.

There has only been two here to look at the place, and one called up this morning, and the Real Estate agent is (which is Miss Harris) is will be out of town until Tues-day or Wednes-day of next week. but I do hope it can be disposed of soon.

My arm is still sore, but much better than it was. it was only a bad bruise.

Say Rayson I was thinking last night while I was sitting on the front porch, that I would write a letter to Edythe the last of next week so that it will be there when she arrives and our Father will give it to her, and my dear Boy you can do the same. here is the way I thought of addressing it
Miss Edythe G. Sisson
618. East 7th St.
Los Angeles Calif.
c/o Charles H. Sisson. Simplex Hotel.

Dear Rayson this has been one awful hot and windy day, but it is thundering and I hope it rains or turns turns cool. I just can't stand the hot weather.

There is a girl visiting one of the neighbors across the street, just arrived from Los Angeles and she said it wasn't nearly as warm there as it is here. 

Well my dear Son, I will now bring this letter to a close. With much love and best wishes I remain as evre.
Loveingly Mother.

On the second page, written very small and upside down, is what appears to be a post-script:
Dear Rayson, I am indeed happy to know that you are coming to see me, and to have something to look foreward to.




No comments:

Post a Comment