Tuesday, May 8, 2018

May 31, 1922 - The Norwegians always serve coffee and a lunch.




Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th At.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.
May, 31-1922.

Dearest Rayson:

This has been a long lonesome day, cold and rainy. Vera and I went over to Aunt Vic's this morning and took her a half dozen sherbet cups. I am giving away everything I cannot pack, although I would like to keep them all for later on if I could. The other half dozen I gave to Pearl Anderson. She has just started house keeping and can use them.

Billy made the box this morning to put on the car for the cooking things. It is fine too. Pa Armstrongs helped him.

After dinner I tried to get Pearl on the phone and Lawrence said she was in town, so we went over on the East side to see her. Her Aunt Charlotte gave us coffee, doughnuts berries and cake. This is typically Norwegian. They always serve coffee and a lunch.

Tonight we are all going to McCaffrey's for a little while to make further arrangements for Monday. Mother seems to feel better about our going, she says she will be all right after we are gone. Its just the thoughts of our going, and then we will send Father right back when we get there. We had a letter from him this morning and he has the house almost finished.

Dear I can hardly wait for Sunday and you will be with me again but I surely am going to miss you very much after I go. One never knows how much they really care until it comes to parting and dearest I don't honestly believe that you realize how much I do love you.

I am going to close this and help our little Mother get supper. Vera and work do not agree very well. Will see you Sunday, and until then, I remain, 
Lovingly yours -
Edythe.


No comments:

Post a Comment