Tuesday, May 29, 2018

June 25, 1922 Mother writes of her lonesomeness

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468. E. 67. St.
Chicago Illinois.

no return address

Transcription:
Ottawa Illinois.
June 25 - 1922.

My dear Son:-

Your very dear letter came Saturday morning, when I was cleaning the front porch, and Rayson I sat right down in the swing to read it. I am always more than glad to receive your letters for you seem as one of my very own children.

This certainly has been a wonderful day. if the day was as nice where you were, you must have enjoyed your self without a doubt. and you must tell me all about it when you come home. 

I had a letter from our Father friday, and he said when he got the children located he would be back after me, but he said he had a house to build and some other work before he could come.


I also had a letter from my sister in Long Beach, she said she was so ancious to see the girl's she could hardly wait until they got there, she hasn't them for ten year's. 

Aunt Vick was here for a little while this after-noon. she was feeling blue. she said she had only one letter from Ryburn since he went to Camp Knox. dear Rayson I hope when we hear from our dear ones again they will be in Los Angeles. it seems as though they have been gone a year. I try not to worry, and feel cheerful, but I just cant help it. it is the first time I have ever been left all alone and I hope it will never happen again.

Now my dear boy try and come the evening before the 4th, tell Old Moragn you have just got to go. I am so lonesome to see some one of my dear children.

The cousin that was here went to Aurora this morning to visit Roy Beguin and his wife. her husband was Roy's father. 


Now my dear boy I will have to stop writing and get ready to go down town it is after seven and I want this letter to go out tonight, as I know you will be expecting one to-morrow. with lots of love and best wishes to my boy I am as ever,
Loveingly Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment