Friday, May 4, 2018

May 16, 1922 "Yesterday we put an ad in the paper to sell the house..."







Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson. Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois

From:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.
May, 16, 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

Will write a few lines bright and early this morning before the rush begins. Yesterday we put an add in the paper to sell the house and have had several phone calls and we expect a crowd today.

Sunday night after you left we came home and washed the supper dishes for Mother and sat down and read a while before it was time for the second show at the Gayety. The show was very good, they are such clever little people.
Yesterday I sewed, finished a dress and made covers for the pillows we are going to take with us.

Last night Vera Galley and Sophia Gunderson gave a weenie roast down in Allan Park. There were about nineteen of us all together, all girls. We had Red Hots, pickles, coffee and Lollypops. After supper everyone went to the movies to see Alice Lake in "A Hole in the Wall."


Allen Park, photo from City of Ottawa, Illinois website


We were talking to Aunt Vic last evening. She had been up in the barn taking care of some little chickens and fell and sprained her right wrist quite badly. She is coming over this after noon to try and finish her dress, I hope we can for it has been so long in the making that I am tired of it. She has an invitation to a card party next Friday night and wants to wear it. She is a great card fiend, she doesn't like to miss a party.

Mother and I went over yesterday to see the Stevenson's new baby and he surely is fine. His daddy bought him a new carriage so I suppose he will be riding out before long. They are very proud of him.

About fifteen people left last night for California among them the Yosts and Perhams. Mr. Yost was as pleased over going as a little child. He has worked for Sander Bros ever since he was sixteen years old and this is the first time he has ever been so far away. Poor fellow I hope he makes good.


I am enclosing the money order dear just as I said. Please keep it and thank you so much for the favor. I think I will take the car into the garage today and see what is the matter with it.

Well dear I must close now and get this in the mail. Write when you can. With all my love I remain
Lovingly yours,
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment