Saturday, May 12, 2018

June 8, 1922 - another letter to Rayson from Mother

This letter from Edith Sisson to Rayson is in answer to a letter she received from him. It seems they both wrote first.
Edith mentions Ryburn. He is her nephew, the son of her sister Victoria (Duffield) Sesslar. Ryburn is 18 years old at the time and it appears he has joined the Army and will leave soon for basic training at Fort Knox, then called Camp Knox, in Kentucky.





Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468. East 67. St.
Chicago Ill.

From
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa Ill.
June 8. 1922.

Dear Rayson:-

I received your very welcome letter this A.M. and I certainly was more than glad to hear from you, for I had been expecting one.

Rayson you said in your letter that you wanted to be as one of my own! You certainly shall be and I will alway's think and care for you as though you were my very own Son.

I surely appreciate your kindness in offering to help me in any way. and I thank you very much, but one thing I want to ask you Rayson is (if if I am not asking too much) dont forget me, and write me a little note every week.

I delivered your message to Aunt Vick, she said for me to thank you. and also said that she was glad to be remembered.

Ryburn got home late yesterday after-noon, and they drove over and spent the evening with me, Thursday he will leave for Camp Knox Ky. for five week's

I had a card from Vera this after-noon. They were in Boone Iowa, she must have written the card in the morning for she said they hoped to make Omaha that day, she said she couldn't say that she was wild about camping out. 

I am expecting a Cousin from N. Dakota to-morrow evening and then I will not be so lonesome, she has other relatives here so I don't suppose she will be with me long.

Rayson come and see me when ever it is convenient for you, and let me know when you are coming, so that I will be home. 

Well my dear Boy I must bring this letter to a close, for I must write a letter to our Father before I go to bed.

with love and best wishes
I am
Loveingly Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment