Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1, 1922 "we picked our dandelion blossoms and have our wine all started."






Addressed to:
Mr. Geo Rayson Brown
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

From:
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa, Ill.

Transcription:
Ottawa, Ill.,
May 1-1922

Sear Rayson:

Will try and write to you as I promised, while I have a little time. Aunt Vic was here and we sewed until so late on her dress that I feared I shouldn't get time. She is so hard to please, I am all tired out.

Did you get home safely last night? You were with me such a short time it hardly seemed that you had been here at all. After you had gone I came home and Mother and Vera were sitting on the porch. They wouldnt go riding with me so I put the car away and sat and talked for awhile I went to bed early as my head ached so hard.

We are thinking seriously of driving to Chicago on Saturday the thirteenth and brining you boys home for Sunday which is Mothers' Day, you know. We will drive in early, put the car in a garage and take a train down town. We want to go though the stores once more and do a little shopping. Then we will meet you and Billy and all drive home, that is if this is favorable with you.

This morning early we picked our dandelion blossoms and have our wine all started. Everybody who passed kidded us about making moonshine. It will just about be finished by the time we leave. If it turns our good we will send you a generous sample.

We were going to Armstrongs tonight but Aunt Vic was here so late we will have to put it off until tomorrow night. Thats the trouble we just keep putting it off but we must go soon.

The oftener I see you dear the harder it seems to think of going away out west and leaving you here. If it were not that you have promised to come later I would almost be tempted to stay. It will be wonderful when we are all there together again.

This has been a long tiresome day but dear they are all very pleasant to me when I know that you really care.

Well dear heart this is a very short letter but as you know, there is never any news in this small town. Answer real soon and tell me all the news. I will close now, with all my love, I am
Lovingly yours,
Edythe.




No comments:

Post a Comment