Wednesday, June 27, 2018

August 14, 1922 - Clarence Crumrine flew a plane over the city

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago, 
Illinois.


Return address:
408 Marcy St.
(city and state cut off)

The discoloration on the stationery is from the clipping below.
It was folded and tucked inside the letter.
Lieut. Crumrine


Ottawa, Ill.,
Aug 14 - 1922.
My Dear Rayson:

This has been a long day, also a very lonesome one. I managed to get through it by keeping busy, finished a little sewing and some mending. Really dear, it seems like the week cannot go fast enough, I am always looking forward to Sunday.

Last night after you had gone, having just missed a car, I started to walk down town and who should come along but Elizabeth and Fred. They were as good as their word alright.



Cora was still here when I reached home but she didn't stay long after. She wanted to see my dress and wouldn't believe that I made it myself.

It is a great event to have a plane fly over the city although they do not stop, consequently there  was a whole column devoted to the subject tonight. I have enclosed the picture. Grand Ridge is Clarence Crumine's home town and he just dropped in for a visit. Perhaps you remember hearing about him. He piloted one of the five planes which made the first trip from the United States through Canada, to Alaska.

I stamped the pattern on a sheet, today to match the pillow cases which I bought at the fifth street store.



Well dear there really isn't any news and so will close for this time. With all my love you dear, I remain as always
Yours as ever & forever
Edythe.

P.S. - Mother just came in and said, "Don't forget to tell Rayson I send my love to him." And so I put it in a little letter all by itself,
Love - Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment