Wednesday, June 6, 2018

July 9, 1922 Father is building a house in the Chinese Cemetery

Addressed to:
Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. E. 67. St.
Chicago, Ill.



Return address:
From.
408. Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:


Sunday evening.
July 9-1922.

My dear Boy:-

I received your dear letter Satur-day morning, also the picture of my dear girl, and when I opened it I just couldn't help kissing her. and Rayson I thank you verry very much.

You certainly are a good Boy to write to me so often, and let me say right here that in receiving your letter's, they have been a great comfort to me in my lonesomeness. and I sincerely hope in the future that I may be able to show my appreciation for your kindness.



I received a nice letter from our Father, friday. he said he was building a house in the Chinese Cemetery. isnt that a strange place to build a house? he also said that they had gotten the Trunk and Box all right and that every thing is O.K. now I feel greatly relieved. And my dear Rayson I have promised you that I wasn't going to worry any more, and I am going to keep my promise.

This has been a terrible day. there has been a strong wind blowing all day and so hot. I did intend going to Church this morning but it was so hot and dusty I remained at home.

Rayson may I suggest that some Sun-day you go over and take a picture of the little Church where you and Vera and Billy used to go?



Rayson I think the cousin from N. Dakota is angry at me. You know she is the most inquisitive person I know of. She is staying with her cousin Charlie Moore here on the south side. the week before you came home, I told her you was coming "so that she wouldn't happen over while you was here." and two or three times she said she would like to see you, and that she guessed she would come over, to which I never made any reply, for I wanted your visit all to myself. well she came over friday night, and after she had been here a while she said , did you have a nice time the 4th I said yes! and then she said did Mr. Brown come? and I said "he surely did." and then she said in such hateful way, "you didn't want me to see him did you." That hurt my feeling's and I said, if I had wanted you to meet Mr. Brown, I certainly would have invited you over. she didn't stay long after that, when she went I asked her to come again but she didn't answer. if she is angry she will just have to get over it.

Well my dear good Boy it will be late by the time I write two more letters, one to Vera and one to my dear friend in Neb. I will now close wishing you sweet and pleasant dream's. and with love and best wishes I am as ever

Loveingly
your Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment