Friday, June 29, 2018

August 21, 1922 - EARL SNARR CLAIMS BRIDE

Edythe enclosed an article detailing the wedding of Earl Snarr to Miss Lola Foulk. It seems she and Rayson knew Earl, but I can't help but wonder if Edythe might have been dreaming of her own wedding and this was perhaps a subtle hint to Rayson.

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago, Illinois.


Return address:
408 Marcy St.
city, state cut off


Ottawa, Ill.,
Aug 21 - 1922.
Dearest Lover:

After the train had taken you away from me last night I hurried down town alone, thinking perhaps I could make the seven thirty car home but just missed it. And so nothing could be done but wait half an hour for the next car. Then when we were half way home the power came off and we were stranded a couple of times so that by the time I reached home it was almost nine oclock. You were nearly half way to Chicago by then.



Mother and I went to town early this morning to mail the deed to Father and the Mother bought a new silk dress that she has been talking of getting for so long. It is awfully pretty and becoming to her. I am going to bead it for her.

As we came passed the express office I saw the Auditor for the company, Mr. Clark standing by the front desk. I stopped in to see him and he nearly shook my arm out of joint. He and Mr. Bryan are still working on McCabe's case. It seems they recovered some of the stolen goods in McCabe's house. And so he was a real crook after all, along with everything else.



We had a nice little shower here, just a real Calif. rain, enough to lay the dust. It is awfully cool too, we have all the doors closed like winter time.

We received a long letter from Vera this morning. They are getting along fine, although she is lonesome, it is too bad she is alone all day long.

Just as you mentioned dear, they were all over to Aunt May's for dinner and then went to the beach after dinner. They are all having a good time.

I am enclosing a clipping from tonight's paper which will probably be of interest to you. I always thought Earl was such a nice boy.

Dearest, Mother and I were talking about going to Bell's Island next Sunday and she thinks it would be better to wait until Labor Day and then it would not hurry you so to get back and make your train. One can never depend on those electric cars, they never run on time or when you most want them they do not. What do you think to this plan? It doesn't make a bit of difference to me though, what ever you and Mother want.


Darling, do you realize that another day is gone and by the time this reaches you another will have been added to it. Soon it will be Saturday and then Sunday again. They are the only days that matter any more, Saturdays because they bring you back to me and Sundays because I have you with me all day long. Some day it will be different, Then it will be every day instead of only every weekend, but dearest I dare not look forward to such happiness.

Mother is writing to Aunt May, such a long letter. I often envy any one who can think of so many things to write about.


Right now I am going to close this letter for there is no news and say 'good night' for this time. My own dearest Lover, I remain as ever,
Yours and yours only,
Lovingly,
Edythe.




No comments:

Post a Comment