Monday, July 2, 2018

August 23, 1922, "traveling down the shady side of the week"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th ST.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


Return address:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa Illinois.


Ottawa, Ill.
Aug 23 - 1922.

My Own Dearest: 

Another day is gone and darkness has come again which brings us one more day nearer to Saturday. Tomorrow, as you have said, we will be traveling down the shady side of the week. It will not be long now.

I like the long cool evenings dear, with the stillness, except for the chirp of the crickets and katey-dids. Its a sort of peaceful sound that I like.



So far this week we have accomplished almost nothing although we have been down town every day. Today we went to the Orpheus to see "The Little Minister." Have you ever read the book, dear? It is very interesting and made a lovely play. 

I am awfully glad about the pictures, dear. Mr. Hoke, as you say, is in a position to know as he handles so many pictures. How did the pictures taken Sunday, turn out? I hope they are all good.



Yesterday when we went into the bank who should we meet but Mrs Armstrong and Mrs Reim and Lucille. Mrs Reim, you know is a great friend of Aunt Lizzie Scheville, only lives a little ways from them I believe. They are all coming over one afternoon.

Dearest boy of mine, it will not be long now until you will be here with me again. It is wonderful to know dear that I have some one who really cares and whom I really care for. You have given me something to look forward to, my own, and may God make me all that you shall want me to be, all that you expect of me and more too. 



Good night, dear lover, until tomorrow. With all my love, I am yours Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment