Tuesday, July 24, 2018

October 8, 1922 - The setting sun is leaving me lonely again.

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


Return address:
E. G. Sisson.
5009 Whittier Blvd.,
Los Angeles, Cal.
c/o Loftus Land Co.




Los Angeles, Cal.,
October 8 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

It is Sunday again dear. All week long I have looked for a letter but none has come. Dearest I am nearly beside myself with worry.



Perhaps it is the fault of the mail as Billy says he hasn't received all of the mail from one of the men at the Steel mills who writes to him regularly. When you write again dear address the letter to 5009 Whittier Blvd c/o Loftus Land Co. again and see if that makes a difference.

This has been a very busy week for all of us. We all take turns staining and varnishing. The little home is going to look awfully nice.



Thursday Mother, Vera and I drove down town to do a little shopping and so Mother could get an idea what kind of a city she is living in. She said she thought it was just like Chicago. She doesn't like it here so very well yet but I think she will the longer she is here.

I was sick in bed today and only just got up. All I could think of was the last day we were together. Darling we did not do right really, and sometimes I wonder if you have taken a wrong impression of me. Dearest please do not think that is a usual custom of mine but dear I could not refuse you and as I have said before cannot refuse you anything for I love you too much. I can tell you something dear when I see you again to convince you of this too.

Perhaps I am wrong to think all these things but darling, a worried troubled mind and a sick heart doesn't overlook the least thing. I have prayed and I have cried myself to sleep but it has done no good. Mother wonders what has happened to her boy but I cannot tell her a thing.



Well dear the sun is setting beautifully in the west and leaving me lonely again, I miss you dearest so much. If ever I have said or done anything, I am so sorry and surely beg your forgiveness. I must close for this time dear and help Mother with the supper. With all my love for you and you only I remain as ever yours only,


Lovingly, Edythe.


For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment