Friday, July 27, 2018

October 13, 1922 "...one day nearer together"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.



Return address:
E. G. Sisson.
5009 Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles, Cal,
c/o Loftus Land Co.




Los Angeles, Cal.,
Oct 13 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

I will write you a few lines while I have a little time for I haven't written since Monday night. How are you dear by now? I hope you are feeling better again for I worry so about you.



We are all quite well except Vera, she has a terrible cold from not dressing warm enough during the day. One has to be awfully careful here for over a year. It is warm in the daytime, especially just at noon, and cold at night. 

Mother hasn't become rested from packing and traveling. She is working as hard as ever, I help all I can but Vera seems to think that Mother is made of iron, I guess. Leave it to her to take things easy.



Tuesday night we drove over to Noack's. They used to live near Armstrong's in Ottawa. Billy wanted to get him to help build their house Sunday. They have an awfully cute place, made most of it themselves.

As soon as Vera's house is finished, which should not take more than two days, we will start building on here. I am so anxious to start it, then we can go ahead and get furniture and fix the place up. I am afraid dear you will get an awful shock when you see this place. It is all very rough looking as yet, we haven't had a word about gas or paving. The grass, of course, will start when the rains commence. The house is well enough, or will be, if the surroundings were a little more pleasant.

Have you heard anything of Mr. Rice whereabouts? I do wish he would get back so you could come. I miss you so dear since I have been here. You seem so near me and yet you are so far away. We will make up for all the time lost when you come, won't we dear. I do hope you can come soon.

The sun is going down again and another day is almost gone, which brings us one day nearer together. There are eighteen days left in this month and I am going to work just as hard as I can in hopes that they will go faster.



Darling it is supper time and I must close and help Mother. With all my love for you, my own, I remain as ever and always,
Yours lovingly
Edythe.


For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment