Monday, July 23, 2018

October 4, 1922 - Building a garage from piano boxes

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East. 67th St.,
Chicago. Illinois.

From.
c/o W. S. Armstrong
223-225 E Ann St.,
Los Angeles, Calif.
Nat'l Fireproof Warehouse Co.




Los Angeles, Cal.,
October 4 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

We arrived here Friday and although dear, I did not expect a letter to be here when I arrived I surely expected on the next day or so, but none has come so far. I am so worried dear, has any thing happened to you?



Dearest I have thought of everything and have even blamed myself for what has happened. If you are sick dear, please ask Mrs Morgan to write a few lines for you so that I may know.



I am so worried darling, I can hardly keep back the tears but wouldn't dare let Mother see. She feels badly enough as it is without more worry.


Mother doesn't like it here very well, that is this particular place, but it will be much better when we have more room and I think she will like it then.


Vera and Billy are going to take one of our lots and build a temporary house on it for the winter. Father and Mr Noack are going to build it for them.



Sunday dear, we took Mother to Long Beach to see Aunt Mae. We had a nice visit and nothing would do but we should stay for supper and go down to the pike in the evening. 

The moon was shining beautifully and the tide was sending great waves far up on the beach. It was all so lovely dear, but it made me, Oh so lonesome for you. If you do not come soon, what will I do.



Yesterday Father and I started a garage. Billy got some piano boxes from the warehouse and we are building it of them. Later we will put on siding. The first day I got all sunburned and so today I put on the old knicker suit to keep from looking like an Indian. We will finish the garage tomorrow and then we will start the two new rooms on the house. Just now there is no room for trunks, bedding, or dishes. It will be awfully cute when it is done.



I intended dear to look for a position as soon as I came but find there is too much to be done here and Mother is quite tired yet and not able to do much. And so darling I am going to stay home for a while and get things started.



I am awfully tired tonight dearest and as there is not much news I will close and shall pray for a letter tomorrow. Darling I cannot rest until I get word that you are well. With all my love, my dearest and a thousand kisses, I remain


Lovingly yours as ever,
Edythe.


For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment