Monday, July 16, 2018

September 22, 1922, "With all my love and a thousand kisses"

In this letter, Edythe writes, "I'm so glad the bugs turned out so well." Rayson was a photographer,  and he was just beginning to sell some photos. He took many, many pictures of bugs of all kinds. I have an album somewhere of some of his favorites. Not really my cup of tea, but it seems that Edythe was supportive of his efforts and taking notice of insects in a new way.

Addressed to:
Mr, G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois,


Return address:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.



Ottawa, Ill.
Sept. 22 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

I have received a letter from you dear nearly every day this week and this is only my third, but dear I know you will understand what a job it is to pack.



Everything is done now and everything shipped except the trunks, they will go to the station on Monday morning.

Last night Mother, Aunt Vic and I went to the movies. We all have such a good time when we are together. She is the best aunt I've got.

This afternoon we are going to the Armstrong's for a little while and tonight to Cole's to the party. That makes a full day. Elizabeth still owes me for the floor lamp. I want to see Alida Ashley tonight also, probably it will be the last chance I will get.



I am so glad the bugs all turned out so well. Yesterday I caught a 'katy did' but it had two legs off and so I let it go again. I dont believe there are any whole ones.

Our old friend Jim Farrel passed away yesterday morning. Poor fellow I suppose he is happy now, anyway he is out of misery and suffering.



Well dear the days have slipped by so fast I can hardly realize that it is almost time to leave again. I just cannot seem to realize that I will not see you every Sunday as usual, dear I cannot wait for the time to pass when we will all be there together.

I must close now and get busy again but will see you very soon after you receive this. With all my love and a thousand kisses
Lovingly yours, Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment