Thursday, July 19, 2018

September 27, 1922 - Delayed due to a freight train accident

This letter wasn't in an envelope. I'm not sure if it was mailed with another letter or if the envelope was just missing.

Santa Rosa, N.M.
Sept 27 - 1922

Dearest Rayson:

We are just outside of this place but will not reach it for at least twelve hours, they tell us, on account of a freight train wrecked in front of us.

The country here is quite pretty, I wish you were here dear we would take some beautiful pictures. All colors of great rocks spread over the hills with scrub pines growing among them.

We had breakfast this morning in the diner and never again. Such a bunch of snobs as these rich people are. They seem to enjoy making one feel uncomfortable. I know if you were here dear you would scold me for this but I just cannot stand it.



Mother is standing the trip fairly well, she had a headache yesterday for not sleeping the first night but last night she slept quite well. As for me I sleep like a log and wake up wondering where I am. How I detest traveling, that last trip just finished me dear.

We have backed to a town named Cruevo and will be here mostly all day. We have walked all over the place. It is like all western towns the stores are all closed for want of business. We have reached the foot hills of the mountains, they look very nice from here.



When we get into Santa Rosa we will wire to Billy and tell him that we are late. I don't know how they will meet us, because I do not know when we will get in.

Well darling I will close for this time and will write again later. Did you get my letter mailed in Kans City? With all my love dear for you and a thousand kisses I will close,
Lovingly yours,
Edythe.

I miss you and long for you more and more - Edythe.


For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment