Saturday, July 14, 2018

September 20, 1922 "...my mind is in such a muddle"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago, 
Illinois.


Return address:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.


Ottawa, Ill.
Sept 20 - 1922

Dearest Rayson:

Just a few lines this morning to tell you dear that I received your wonderful letter and would have written sooner only you cannot imagine what a lot of work there is to be done. 



Yesterday we packed the large box and had more than enough to fill it and so will send another small box with the tool chest by freight, containing things we will not need right away. The trunks are practically all packed and all that remains is getting things shipped. That sounds very simple but it isn't.



We stayed last night with Aunt Vic and came over here early this morning. Everything is sold now except the book case and we just do not know what to do with that.

This afternoon I must go to town to see about expressing the goods and getting tags. I have just finished wiring the packing box. We had to borrow nails from the neighbors as we had given away all we had not thinking we would need some.



Sunday night dear, you will come in the north door on Van Buren St. All of our mail will be delivered there from now on.

Well dearest if this doesn't sound exactly sane just remember that my mind is in such a muddle I cannot think of what I want to say. I haven't written as often this week dear as I would liked to but it was because we were so busy. And please excuse the pencil as I can write faster with one. We are going to throw out the ink and so I suppose it will be pencil from now on. Well dearest heart I must close and help Mother, there is much to be done yet and the sooner I can relieve her mind of the worry the better it will be for both of us.



Good bye for this time, but just remember that through as  of this excitement I think of you often and love you dearest so much.

With all my love dear I will close for this time,
Lovingly yours forever,
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment