Thursday, July 26, 2018

October 9, 1922 - Mother writes to Rayson

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468. East 67th St.
Chicago Illinois.


Return address:
Mrs Edith A. Sisson.
5009 Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles Calif.
c/o Loftus Land Co.




Los Angeles Calif.
Oct 9 - 1922.

Rayson my dear boy:-

You dont know how glad we were to hear from you, it has seemed such a long long time since the last Sunday we were togather and we both were sad at leaving you and Aunt Vick behind.



Rayson you asked how I liked the trip,. well I enjoyed it very much, but I was beginning to get tired, and I would suggest when you come to come on the Santa Fe. Dickey stood the trip fine once in a while when the train would stop he would start in and sing. 

I like it out here very much. There is some beautiful places and I know you are going to like it too.



We were over to Long Beach a week ago Sunday to see my Sister, (Aunt Mae) and she certainly looks fine. in the evening we all went down to the ocean and watched the breakers roll in, it certainly was a wonderful sight.

Now my dear boy I can assure you that every thing is going to be all right in regard to your coming here. I told our Father and he said it would be all right, for you to come ahead and when you find work you can pay board if you feel as though you should. we want you to come and feel right at home.

Now Rayson in regard to the secret we have between us. I think it will be impossible for us to carry it out, and if you dont care, I will tell her for I think she would much rather go to the Depot to meet you, she certainly has been one sad girl since she left you.

Now my dear boy let us know just when you are coming and and we will gladly meet you. Every one here are well with the exceptions of Vera and I and we have the hives. but they dont hinder us from eating. Rayson you never saw any one eat like we do. we are always hungry. the white grapes here are just grand we bought a bunch to-day that weighed 3 lbs. and as sweet as honey.



Well my dear boy I will have to stop writing and get busy. I am varnishing the wood-work and will soon be through. Take good care of your-self and write me soon.

With much love and a great big kiss to my boy, I am
Loveingly 
Your Mother.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment