Wednesday, July 25, 2018

October 9, 1922 "P.S. - Please hurry and come."

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


Return address:
E. G. Sisson.
5009 Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles, Cal.
c/o Loftus Land Co.




Los Angeles, Calif.
October, 9 - 1922.

My Own Darling Lover:

Tonight I am as happy as I was worried and unhappy last night and for the last week or more for dearest your wonderful letter has come at last. I was afraid dear that something terrible had happened to you, you know you spoke of two different operations. I will be Oh so glad when you are here so that I can take care of you. and I hope we are never so far apart again for darling it is surely terrible with you so far away.



Father and Billy painted the garage yesterday and it looks quite respectable for all that it is made from piano boxes.



This morning I glue sized the walls of a couple rooms so as to have them ready to paint. The wood work is all varnished and shines like a slate roof on a rainy day. Father put up shades and it is beginning to look like a real house.

After dinner we three went to town on the street car this time, for poor Mother was so afraid when I drove the last time. Vera bought kitchen things and dishes for her new house. They are going to start building Sunday. Mr Noack, Mr Roani, Father and Billy are to build it, they should almost finish in one day.

In a way dear I am glad that you did not buy the Reflex. You took such nice pictures with your own. I didn't want you to sell it although I thought you knew best what you wanted to do.

Billy has gone to bed with a  headache and cold. Father also is in bed. Vera is embroidering handkerchiefs and Mother is waiting her turn at the pen and ink to write to you.



Darling heart you do not know how much happiness you dear letter brought me tonight. If I have said anything dear in any previous letters that displeases you, just don't worry about it for dearest lover it was just the wrong time of the moon for me and that was why I worried so, if you know what I mean.

Well dear one perhaps I have kept Mother waiting long enough and so will close for this time. With all my love and a thousand kisses I am as ever, 
Yours forever,
Lovingly, Edythe.

P. S. - Please hurry and come.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment