Wednesday, July 18, 2018

September 26, 1922 - an arm load of daisies with a loving kiss on every petal.

https://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/1997/06/wildflower-favorites
It is heartbreaking to leave the one you love, and Edythe was surely aching for her Rayson as she started the final journey west to California with her mother.

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 E. 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.



Return address:
223-225 East Ann St.,
Los Angeles, California.


Cameron Mo.
Sept. 26 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

We left this place this morning at nine oclock, we are over two hours late already. By the rate of speed we are going and the distance we have traveled I should say that we will be there in a week or so.



There was at least twelve at the station last night to see us off. Such a lot of excitement at the last minute, I thought we would miss the train. The bird managed to sleep all through it and is still alive this morning. Every little thing frightens him, he cannot seem to realize what is happening to him.



How are you dear since I last saw you? How I wish you were with me darling where I could hold you in my arms and try dear to tell you how much I love you and how I will miss you in the days to follow. Dearest mine lets both pray that the time will go quickly to the day when we will be together again. If ever I felt dear that you were a part of me it is now, I seem to have left a part of me back there. To me dear you have become my most precious posession and darling please take good care of yourself for my sake.



There are great yellow daisies dear, bright as the sun itself, growing all along the fences. I should like to gather an arm load and send them to you my darling with a loving kiss on every petal. Dearest I shall never forget how happy you were Saturday night and if I can only succeed in making you happy for the rest of your life I shall be the happiest person in the world. It is our own little secret and while it is something we should not tell, I feel like shouting it for all the world to hear.



Mother is waiting dear for the tablet to write a few lines to you and as there isn't any news I will close for this time. With all my love dear one I remain as ever yours now and forever,
Lovingly your,
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment