Saturday, July 21, 2018

September 30, 1922 "Mother likes it out here fine so far"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th ST.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


Return address:
E. G. Sisson
Los Angeles,
California.





Los Angeles, Cal.,
Sept. 30 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

How are you dear by this time? We are very well but tired out. Our train arrived here yesterday at four oclock and Father and Billy met us with the Ford. On the way home we passed the Santa Fe station which made me think dear of the time when we will meet there.



The little home here is stained brown with white trimming and looks very neat with its flowers growing around. We have electric lights and soon we expect to have gas. As soon as the gas goes through they will start paving.

The cat and the bird are not going to agree and so the cat will have to live out of doors from now on. Such a pretty cat, I haven't seen for a long time.



We were all out early this morning looking at the mountains. It was so clear we could see the hotel half way to the top of Mount Lowe. It looked like a tiny white spot. Then we could see the road going to the top of Mount Wilson. The air is clearer here now that it was in July and so this is really the first time I have seen the scenery.

Mother likes it out here fine so far and she will like it better because she hasn't seen any of it yet.



It is all very nice and I like it better here than I did but I cannot feel satisfied dear until you are here with us. That is the one thing I am looking forward to. You have made me love you dear more than ever and I cannot get along without you any more it seems.

I must hurry now as the folks want the table to make a pie. 

Write soon dear, for I shall be anxious to hear from you. Good bye for this time. With all my love I remain as ever and forever, 




Lovingly yours,
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment