Monday, July 30, 2018

October 20, 1922 - "It is called Clorox and has a powerful smell."

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


From E. G. Sisson.
5009 Whittier Blvd.,
Los Angeles, Calif.




Los Angeles, Cal.,
October 20 - 1922.

My Dearest Rayson:

There isn't much to do around here this morning as so I will write a few lines to you. I am expecting a letter from you today but cannot be sure.



It is foggy here this morning as usual, and there is a little mist in the air. About ten oclock the sun will clear away the fog and we will have a nice day. The rains are due to start now any time. That is what I am dreading but some say it is not so bad as others try to make one think.

Yesterday I gave the dining room chairs another coat of stain and they look quite nice considering who did the painting.



Last night Father drew the plans for the two front rooms and dear, it is going to be awfully nice when finished. I am so anxious to get it finished and then Mother will like it better here.

Mother, Vera, Billy and I drove to Long Beach last night to see the Aunt and Uncle. Aunt Mae asked what I heard from you and when you are coming. They have rented their house and have taken a couple furnished rooms nearer Uncle's work. Uncle Herb and Billy walked down to the "pike" and bought a box of salt water taffy, made in all flavors. It was awfully good.

Vera is doing a little ironing and Mother is washing some flour sacks, with some kind of acid she bought at the store. It is called Clorox and has a powerful smell.


 The Seattle star. (Seattle, Wash.), 09 June 1922. Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers. Lib. of Congress. <http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn87093407/1922-06-09/ed-1/seq-15/>

This afternoon we are all going down town shopping. Vera has to buy all new dishes to start housekeeping. 

Father has been working on Vera's house but today a Mr Williams from Washington, came to get him to help on his house. He is building a big house just across the street from here.



Well dearest heart I haven't any more news and so will close this and write again soon. Write dear and let me know when you are coming Mother sends her love, she is looking for a letter also. With all my love and kisses to my own dear lover, I remain as always and forever,
Yours lovingly,
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment