Tuesday, July 10, 2018

September 12, 1922 - Cleaning out the book case

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.


Return address:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa, Ill.



Ottawa, Ill.
Sept - 12 - 1922

Dearest Rayson:

Your dear wonderful letter came this morning while we were down town. I was awfully glad to hear that you arrived home alright and didn't get wet. It didn't rain here any more after you left but I hurried home anyway because dear my shoes were wet and I was in a hurry to get on dry ones.


After we came home from town we sewed a little while and then cleaned the book case. Most of the books we are selling for old paper as they did not amount to much. A few we saved and will take with us or give away. 

We tied all the books, magazines and papers together and then called the junk dealer but so far they haven't showed up. Probably they will come tomorrow.


Thank you so much dear for the information regarding a sleeper. I will take your advice and see about it soon. The only thing that bothers me is, knowing whether Aunt Vic is going with. If she does, of course we had all better make reservations at the same time, don't you think.

I am not a bit anxious to see about it at all when I think of having to leave you here, dearest. and feeling the way you do about it too. It makes me feel awfully bad, for I do not like to have you feeling sad or lonesome either one. You have had more than your share of that dear, but dearest what am I to do. Mother can not go without me she says.


Tuesday, dearest is almost gone and soon it will be Wednesday and then Saturday again with you. Good night dear heart for this time. With all my love for you, dear I remain, 


Lovingly yours,
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment