Friday, July 13, 2018

September 18, 1922 - after tomorrow we will be at Aunt Vic's

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.




Ottawa, Ill.,

Sept. 18 - 1922.


Dearest Rayson:

How did you get home last night? I missed the seven thirty car and so took the tent colony car and walked from State street corner. That is far better than taking the risk of walking up the hill alone or waiting half an hour down town.



Mother is busy just now pinning newspapers up to the windows to serve as curtains. The house is almost empty. Olson's sent for their furniture today and Mrs Wing brought some of her friends to look at the little bed. They bought the bed, kitchen cabinet and a couple lamps. All we have left now is the book case and washing machine. Mrs Wing has surely been awfully good, I do not know what we should have done without her help.

I went to the Rock Island this afternoon to make reservations for next Monday night and when I came back down town I met Blanche. She was looking for a new hat. We had quite a talk, she said she has five winter dresses to make for the girls. That is quite an undertaking isn't it dear?



After tomorrow we will be at Aunt Vic's and the mail will come there. so just send it to corner Catherine and Van Buren in care of Mrs Victoria Sesslar.

Irene Cole is giving a little party for me dear, on Friday night. Isn't that nice of her? She and Pearl are my two best friends beside you dear, but you are more that now dear, aren't you?



Well my own lover, it is getting late and as tomorrow will be our busiest day I will say 'good night' for this time. With all my love dear one I remain as ever,

Yours forever,
Edythe.

For links to all the letters in this collection, go to https://ordinaryancestors.blogspot.com/p/edythe-and-rayson-love-letters.html where they are organized by date written.

No comments:

Post a Comment