Saturday, June 23, 2018

August 7, 1922 "Yours and yours only, Edythe"

This note is in the tiniest little envelope, 5 1/2 inches x 2 3/8 inches.


Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago, Illinois

The return address is cut off except for Ottawa, Ill.




Ottawa, Ill.,
Aug. 7 - 1922.

Dearest Rayson:

After you left last night I walked to the corner intending to get the car for home and as I stood waiting Elizabeth and Fred came along. They brought me home and came in and spent the evening with us. When they were going Fred said, "Well we will see you at the station next Sunday night and bring you home."


We were going to wash today but it has been dark like it might rain and so we decided to put off the job for another day.

Mother is busy writing a letter to the folks out west. We have about decided dear, to sell all the furniture and take nothing but a few pictures, the dishes and bedding. It was awfully good of you to offer to help pack. You are so thoughtful dear but there will not be much packing to be done and we will get along fine. Thank you just the same.


Let me know dear what you hear from Switzerland for I am so in hopes that you can go west with us. I dread thinking of going away again and leaving you here alone.

Well dearest there isn't any news and so will close, with all my love, I remain,
Yours and yours only,
Edythe.


No comments:

Post a Comment