Tuesday, June 5, 2018

July 9, 1922 "I believe in a wife doing her part"

Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson Brown
1468. E. 67 St.
Chicago Ill.



Return address:
From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:


Ottawa Illinois.
July 6-1922.

My dear Boy:-

Your very dear and ever welcome letter came this morning. and I certainly was more than pleased to hear from you. and also pleased to hear that you arrived home safely.

Rayson did I scare you by sending the letter special delivery? the reason I did that was, I wanted you to have the right address before you wrote to Edythe in case she forgot to tell you.

Yes my dear Boy I am going to promise you that I won't worry any more, I can tell that it is hard on my nerves. but I am going to be so different when you come again you will hardly believe that it is me.



You didn't enjoy your visit any more than I enjoyed having you here with me, and Rayson dont wait for me to ask you to come home. any time you feel as though you wanted to come just say you are coming it will be all right with me. you are always welcome home. 

Mother Armstrong called me up this morning she said she got a letter from Vera saying Willie had a chance to work in a clothing store, but that friend of Willie's that went from the mill's out there told him to wait - he thought he could get him in one of the Bank's. so Rayson you see it isn't hard to find work. I know you will find something. you are just as brilliant as he is.
Mr. Terry called me up this noon (did I tell you about him?) he is a Real Estate man, and he wants to sell the place. I am asking four thousand. do you think that I am asking too much? you know there isn't any furnace or hard wood floor's. Aunt Vick dont think that it is too much. My dear Boy I wish you was near. there is many times that I would like to ask advice of someone that I know I could depend on. 



My dear Rayson I know you are going to be good to Edythe, but I don't want you to spoil her, as Willie has Vera. I believe in a wife doing her part, and I know Edythe will be different than Vera. she isn't afraid to work. 

Well my dear Boy I must stop writing for I am pretty tired and it is getting late, so I will say good night my Boy may you have sweet and pleasant dream's.

I am as ever
Loveingly
Your lonely Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment