Saturday, June 2, 2018

July 5, 1922 Special Delivery stamp, ten cents


Addressed to:
Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. East 67 St.
Chicago Ill.



It's not known why, but this letter was stamped with a 10 cent Special Delivery stamp in addition to the 2 cent stamp. Perhaps Mother wanted to be absolutely sure that heRayson had the correct address to send mail to Edythe so letters wouldn't be lost.

Return address:
From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:

Ottawa Ill.
July 5-1922.

My dear Rayson:-

I just received a nice letter from my dear girl this morning. and she said she was sending you one also. and Rayson dear, she told me to address my letters the same old way, so In case she had forgotten to mention it in your letter, I thought I would write and tell you. she said they hadn't notifyed them where to send the mail yet.

Well my dear boy I suppose you arrived in Englewood safely. I hope so at least.



I went home with Aunt Vick and spent the evening. came home about 9.30. and went to bed and slept pretty good, and my dear boy, do you now that I really think it was because you was here. just the longing to see some of my dear children. and Rayson I have just made up my mind this morning that if I cant sell the place by the first of Sept. I am going anyhow. for I just can't stay here much longer.

I will answer Edythe's letter this evening (and also write a letter to our Father) and tell her what a nice visit you made me, my dear boy. I surely did appreciate your visit. and you will always be welcome to this home. and also the one in L.A.

And Rayson I know our Father is going to like you just as much as I do, and that is, "A whole lot." One thing more before I close this letter. and it is this. Please Rayson dont go up in those Plaines, I hear of so many accidents it just worries me.

Now I will get ready and go down town and mail this Letter. You know I told you yesterday that I couldn't trust Mr Drawley with the mail.

With much love and best wishes to my boy. I will close and remain as ever
Loveingly
Your Mother.


Included on a card:

Miss Edythe G. Sisson.
618. E. 4th St
Los Angeles Calif

Simplex Hotel
c/o. Charles H. Sisson.

No comments:

Post a Comment