Saturday, June 16, 2018

July 20, 1922 ...Vera's asthma is better and Billy is getting fat.

Addressed to:

Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. E. 67. St.
Chicago Illinois.



Return address:

From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:

Ottawa Illinois.
July 20 - 1922.

My own dear boy:-

Your very dear and ever welcome letter came yester-day morning. and Rayson I am always glad to hear from you. and my dear Boy I certainly appreciate your kindness in sympathizing with me in my lonesomeness. and I hope someday that I can repay you for your kindness.


Well Rayson my dear boy I received a nice letter from my dear girl this morning, and I think you will get one too, for she said she was going to write to you also.

She said she liked it fine out there but would like it a whole lot better if you and I were there. and there wouldn't be any cause to worry. she said Vera's Asthma hadn't bothered her in the least, and Billie is getting fat. so I think Rayson there is a chance for me, and my dear Boy she also said she thought she would be the one to come back and help me pack up, as Papa would be awfully busy from now on.

Rayson my dear boy the thought never entered my head that you would scold my Girl for not writing. indeed I rather think she deserves a little scolding, when you are so kind in writing so many letters to her. I was over to Aunt Vick's this after-noon to help her with some sewing and she said Ryburn would be home the 26th of July. and If I remember rightly I heard some one say they were coming home Aug 6th, "is that right?"


Rayson, tues-day when I was over to Aunt Vick's for dinner she weighed me and I weighed  113 lbs. I think that was pretty good: "and that was before I ate dinner."

Miss Harris had another party over to look at the place this morning a Mr Ebersol. he had no fault to find with anything. she said she would call my up if he decided to take it. Mr Terry hasn't done any thing as yet. I really think when it comes down to business Miss Harris is right there. I had a letter from my friend in Nebr. yester-day and she said she would write the last of the week or the first of next week and tell me just when she can come. Mother Armstrong called me up this morning. she said she got back from Chicago monday evening. she said she went out to see Aunt Lizzie and Uncle Cecil but she said they never mentioned or asked after vera and Willie. isn't that an awful way to act.


Well my dear Rayson there isn't any thing else I can write that would interest you so I will close and write a letter to Edythe. hoping you are well I will say good night my own dear Boy, may you have many pleasant dreams. and with lots of love and best wishes I am as ever,
Lovingly your Mother.

and on an enclosed card:

Rayson
Did I ever give you their latest address. if not, it is.
5009 Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles. CAlif.
c/o Loftus Land Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment