Thursday, June 7, 2018

July 11, 1922 "we had a glorious rain last night"

Addressed to:
Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. E. 67 St.
Chicago Ill.



Return address:
From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:


Ottawa Illinois.
July 11-1922.

My dear Boy's:-

Your Sunday letter arrived yesterday morning, also one from Vera. but Rayson your dear and ever welcome letter was opened and read first. I am always glad to hear from you.

Two of Edythe's girl friend came to see me last evening, and all evening during the conversation in regard to the girl's going, I never cryed once. Now isnt that doing pretty good?


Rayson I went down town this after-noon to send Vera's Traveling bag full of clothes, and Ralph S. came foreward to wait on me. You know he hasn't been speaking to me lately, and while he was waiting on me the telephone rang. "it was a call from La Salle", and he had to answer and he said "Hello Edythe", it was Hellen McDonnald calling. his face turned all color's. it was a clear case of who he was thinking of.

Well my dear Boy we had a glorious rain last night and I believe we will have more for it is so very warm.

Did you have a nice time Sunday? it certainly was an awful day here. I kept the house closed up all day on account of the heat and dust.

Rayson what address did Edythe give you when she wrote last? Mrs Armstrong called me up this morning and said Vera gave her a different address where they could get the mail nearer. it is, 5009. Whittier Blvd. Los Angeles, Calif. c/o Loftus Sand Co. I addressed Vera's letter that way to-day. I wish they would hurry up and see about having the mail delivered to the house "but I am not going to worry," because I dont want you to come down here in that aeroplane and fly around over the house to scare me. "I'll be good."


My dear Rayson I was glad to hear that you went to see Mr. Schulte. he seems to be a very nice man and I hope his operation will prove a success. I am expecting my friend from Nebr. soon. she said she would come after the 4th. she will visit me first and then go to her Sister near Grand Ridge.

Well my dear Boy I must stop writing and get me something to ear, and then mail you letter. so I will close with much love and best wishes. 
I am ever

Loveingly your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment