Monday, June 11, 2018

July 13, 1922 "there is one that is longing and waiting for you"

Addressed to:

Mr G. Rayson Brown
1468. E. 67 St.
Chicago Ill.



Return address:

From.
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.

Transcription:

Ottawa Ill.
July 13-1922.

My dear Boy:-

Your precious letter came this morning, and I surely was glad to hear from you, for I have not been feeling very well since Monday. I tryed to do too much. I done my washing and then washed the curtains in the parlor and put them on the stretchers all by my self. (my dear girl used to help me do that) and in the evening I mowed the grass in the back yard, and that was too much for me to do in one day. but I did so want to get it all done for I thought it might possibly be that my friend would come this week.




My dear Rayson I feel sorry to think you are grieving about not being able to go west in September, and I do sincerely hope that every thing turns out in your favor, for I know there is one that is longing and waiting for you. and I am ancious to get gone too for I know the dear folk's nead me there.

I called up Mr Terry (might be Perry) this after-noon and gave him the place to sell also, and I hope he has good luck in selling it. for my dear boy I must say right here that it isn't very pleasant to be all alone cant sleep and I dont care to eat But Rayson dont ever mention it in your letter's to Edythe. I think everything will turn out all right.

That inquisitive cousin called me up this morning and told me that Charlie Moore and his intended wife, and she, were going to leave to-night for Denver Colorado to be gone two week's, going by train.

Rayson do you remember James Sheehan? that used to be on the Poliece force, well I noticed in this evenings paper that he was married to a girl in Seneca, a Miss McCormick. I surely was surprised, we used to go to school togather.

Well my dear boy I must stop writing for my head is inclined to ache. hoping you are well and with lots of love and very best wishes to my boy. I am as ever and forever

Loveingly your Mother


No comments:

Post a Comment