Monday, June 25, 2018

August 9, 1922 "My own Rayson"


Edythe has written her letter on some different stationery with a pretty pink border.


Addressed to:
Mr. G. Rayson. Brown.
1468 East 67th St.,
Chicago,
Illinois.

Return address:
408 Marcy St.,
Ottawa Ill


Ottawa, Ill.,
Aug. 9 - 1922.
My Own Rayson:

I didn't receive a letter this morning but will write a few lines anyway. Please excuse the writing as I have been standing all morning, tieing a quilt for Mother. We are finishing it before we go because we will not have the quilting frames out there. Naturally my hand is a little shaky.



I suppose everything is running along smoothly in the city again. How is everything at the store? Did the kittens get their bath?

Aunt Vic was here yesterday. She said to thank you for the pictures but she wanted to pay you for them.

Mrs Knode, Lulu and  baby Betty was here also. Lulu bought Mother's kitchen stool and Mrs Knode bought the linoleum in the kitchen and Father's arm chair. The kitchen table and two chairs, cousin Edythe wants. And so you see at this rate it will not take long to sell.



Irene Cole called this morning and had a little news for us. Ralph Sanders is looking for a house and has asked for a vacation of two weeks beginning the sixth of October. That looks pretty serious doesn't it?

I was talking to Alida Ashley yesterday for a little while. She is an Eastern Star member, one of the officers.

When you go to Schutte's again dear, give them our kindest regards. They are surely having bad luck.

You're letter will very likely come this afternoon and so will close these few lines and answer again when I receive it. With best regards from Mother and all of my love, I am
Lovingly yours.
Edythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment