Thursday, June 14, 2018

July 17, 1922 "a Carnival is here for a week...I will have to keep all the windows and doors locked.".

Addressed to:

Mr G. Rayson Brown.
1468. E 67. St.
Chicago Illinois.


Return address:

From
408 Marcy St.
Ottawa Ill.


Transcription:

Ottawa Illinois.
July 17- 1922.

My dear Boy:-

I received your very dear letter this morning, and I certainly was more than pleased to hear from you, and Rayson it surely is very kind of you to write me letter's I dont know what I would ever do, only for you. the rest of my dear folks are so far away and it takes the letter's so long to come.

I called up Ma Armstrong after lunch today, and Elizabeth answered the phone, and said her mother was in Chicago, but was coming home this evening. I asked Elizabeth - whey the folks in L.A. had us send their mail to a different addres, and she said they could get it sooner they only had to go three or four block's. I have not heard from them since a week ago to-day. I wrote a letter to our Father yester-day, and will write to Edythe this evening.



Yester-day while I was sitting on the frontt porch there was an Aeroplane went west over our city. I thought of you right away, but I dont doubt you my dear Boy. I know you will keep your promise.

Aunt Vick just called up and invited me over to a chicken dinner to-morrow. I only wish that you could be with us. 

There was some people came last Thurs-day to look at the place. some people that used to live in Chicago. it suited the Mrs all right but it didn't suit the Mr, their name was Cook. he said he knew Mr Sisson. I was so in hopes that they would take it, for I do want to be with my dear folks. Rayson it isnt that I havn't the money to go that is keeping me here. I could go to-morrow as far as that goes, but I dont want to rent the place, but If I cant sell it by the first of Sept then I will rent, for i dont want to spend another winter here. Iw as sick all last winter.

We had an awfully nice rain here last evening. I had company, while it was raining, so I wasnt lonesome. The Maccabees have a Carnival here for the week, away down on the west side, I will have to keep all the windows and doors locked. I am always afraid when there is a Circus or Carnival come here there is always such a rough bunch that travel with them.


My dear Boy you are right when you say Edythe is a "Wonderful girl". she certainly has been kind and good to me, that's why I long for her and miss her so much. Rayson you say she has made you happy to well I know the dear girl will do all she can to make you happy. and Rayson since you have entered Edythe's life I know her sorrow is all gone. at least I hope so. well my dear Rayson I will close this letter and write to my girl. hoping you are well. I will say good night my dear Boy. pleasant dreams be yours.

love and best wishes from
Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment